Stabilizer will act as a sunscreen for your chlorine, preventing UV light from degrading your pool's protection against bacteria and viruses.
Pool Solutions Stabilizer (Cyanuric Acid) 2 lbs
Stabilizer will act as a sunscreen for your chlorine, preventing UV light from degrading your pool’s protection against bacteria and viruses.
- Includes one 2lb. bottle
- Protects chlorine from sun’s damaging effects
- Increase chlorine’s effectiveness
- Cuts chlorine consumption by up to 25%
- Great for spring start-up
- Compare to Sun, Guardex, Bio-Guard, and Omni!
Dosage: 1-2/3lbs. for every 10,000 gallons
Note: Items received have the same chemical make-up, but may not look exactly like the item pictured above.
1. Clean and backwash the filter.
2. Adjust chlorine level to 1-3 ppm with a shock treatment.
3. Measure the stabilizer (cynauric acid) concentration with an appropriate test kit. The ideal range is 20-25 ppm. Do not exceed 100 ppm as chlorine effectiveness will be reduced.
4. Determine dosage of this product from the table below.
5. With circulation pump on, add this product to the skimmer.
Leave the circulation pump running for 48 hours.
6. Check the stabilizer level at least twice each year and add as needed.
Dosage of Conditioner/Stabilizer (in pounds)
Pool volume To raise 10 ppm to raise 20 ppm to raise 25 ppm
- 10,000 1 2 2.5
- 20,000 2 4 5
- 40,000 4 8 10
Chemical Type Stabilizer and Conditioner
Product Type Pool Chemical
Container Size Bucket: 1 – 5 lb
Chemical Size Granular